Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3.09.09.

well today is my birthday and i am now 20. it's hard to believe i am no longer a teen. now i have to grow up and become a man. with that said here is a top 3 of my teen years...enjoy.

1.The age of 13- ah yes i remember this year well. i thought i was the next best thing because i was now a teen. i got to move up to the youth group and i had me a girlfriend. thirteen was full of great memories. my first kiss, being in the youth, getting my grandmother to drop me off at the movies. thank you thirteen...thank you.

2.The age of 19- what an exciting/crazy year. i failed my first year of college, worked a full time job this summer, passed my first semester of college, began to live by myself when my parents moved to Gadsden, preached my first and second sermons in youth service. all in all the age of 19 was a growing up year...thanks 19, i wish i would not have had to learn the hard way.

3.The age of 16-i decided to do this one last because this is the most memorable of my teen years. no, not because i started driving...let me begin with my one and only surprise birthday party. if you have never had or thrown one, i suggest that you plan to very soon because they are very exciting for both parties...props mom and dad for the surprise. the biggest thing that happened this year was having a church turn their back on my father and my family. to watch man effect the move of God in a very negative way and be fine with it should have seriously effected my family to the point of no return. but i would like to say that my father and mother are the strongest people i know because of this. their strenght and faith that they had during this very hard event impacted me and my brother's life for the best. we could have easily turned away, but our faith is stronger today because of how they handled it. we moved that summer to birmingham and since then i have made so many friends that i could not live life without today. so thank you 16, because of your year of my life i learned how to truly LOVE.ACCEPT.FORGIVE.

2 comments:

A Time in Kay's LIfe said...

Tres, yes you are 20. I remember your 13th, 16th and 19th. I remember them all. I am so proud of you, Chase, Mom, and Dad. The year 2004 proved to be a very trying year for your family and for mine and Pops. One day you are on top of the world, and the next day it crashes down on you head. God brought the problems to us, and praise God, he brought us through the problems.

A loving God and a loving family. It just doesn't get better than this. Love now and forever, Mam.

Misty said...

I can't believe my first born is 20! I am very PROUD of you! I love you!